Traffic Control Technician/Flagger
FLAGPROS has immediate openings for the position of Traffic Control Technician/Flagger.
Traffic control technicians work with construction crews to ensure that motorists, cyclists and pedestrians travelling through work zones receive advance warning and positive guidance to eliminate potential for harm to themselves, the laborers and their equipment.
Personnel charged with the responsibility for traffic control must create a safe work environment to prevent traffic causing a threat to workers. This involves setting up cones and barriers that show traffic where to drive, as well as holding up signs that tell traffic to either stop or to proceed slowly. It is vitally important for the safety of all that traffic control personnel remain constantly aware of the construction activity, as well as the flow of traffic taking place. Compliance with all safety regulations governing work zone traffic control is mandatory. A Traffic Control Technician/Flagger must be able to work in all weather conditions and stand for long periods of time. Excellent communications skills are necessary. The ability to lift up to 40 lbs. is required.
The Traffic Control Technician/Flagger reports to the local area manager.
- Set-up, maintain and remove temporary work zone equipment including warning signs, traffic cones and other devices that may be required
- Ensure work zone designs comply with MUTCD standards and any local supplements to it
- Load and unload work zone equipment to and from the company vehicle
- Drive the company vehicle to and from job sites in a safe and courteous manner
- Complete all required paperwork in a timely manner
- Keep company vehicles clean and orderly at all time
- Inform management of any safety concerns, vehicle problems and equipment issues
FLAGPROS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer the opportunity for additional training and continuous advancement on an ongoing basis.
All applicants must be able to pass drug screening and background check.
MUST HAVE VALID DRIVER’S LICENSE.